Two-bean chili in the slow cooker
Preparation 15 minutes
- 1 bag (624 g) of Florette vegetables for spaghetti sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 box of 28 oz (796 ml) diced Italian tomatoes, with the juice
- 1 can (156 ml) of tomato paste
- 20 mL (4 teaspoons) chili seasoning
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) ground cumin
- 1 can of 19 oz (596 mL) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 x 19 oz. (506 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
- To taste, natural Greek yogurt
- To taste, shredded Tex-Mex cheese
- To taste, fresh coriander
- Combine the first eight ingredients in the slow cooker. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low intensity, 8 to 10 hours.
- To taste, garnish each serving with cheese, yogurt and cilantro.
Recipe developed in partnership with nutritionist Julie DesGroseillers