Red Velvet Inspired Choco-Beet Cupcakes
Cooking 30 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
- 1 bag (284 g) of Florette beet julienne
- 250 mL (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) almond essence
- 250 mL (1 cup) sugar
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sieved
- 2 beaten eggs
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon) of salt
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon) ground cardamom
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 250 mL (1 cup) of water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook beets until they are enough tender. Set aside.
- In the first bowl, beat the butter with the almond extract. Then gradually add sugar, sifted cocoa and eggs.
- In a second bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and cardamom. Stir this mixture to the first mixture alternately with water if necessary.
- Stir in chocolate chips and beet fettuccines.
- Place in muffin tins.
- Cook for about 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean from the cupcakes.
- Decorate with Italian meringue to taste.