Cooking 45 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
- 500 mL (2 cups) of Florette Beet Julienne
- 250 mL (1 cup) of all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (¼ cup) of cocoa powder
- 1 mL (¼ teaspoon) of salt
- 200 g (0.44 lb) of dark chocolate
- 125 ml (½ cup) of canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 180 mL (¾ cup) of sugar
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of vanilla extract
- Place a rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 160°C (325°F). Oil a 20-cm (8-inch) square metal pan.
- Blanch beets in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well and chop coarsely. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate in microwave for about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Add oil and stir until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla. Whisk in the melted chocolate, then the dry ingredients and beets, folding gently with a spatula. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the brownie comes out with a few lumps and not completely clean. Let cool completely. Remove from pan and cut into squares.