Beet and cream cheese rolls
Cooking 25 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
- 200 g of store-bought puff pastry dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 mL (1 cup) of Florette Beet Julienne
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of cream cheese, softened
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of fresh chives, chopped
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of honey
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place rack in the centre. Line a baking sheet with a reusable non-stick sheet and set aside.
- Blanch beets for 2 to 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain well.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese with chives, parsley, honey and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 12 in. x 7 in. (30 cm x 18 cm) rectangle.
- Spread the filling over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1-inch (2.5 cm) border on the long side, then brush the border with the beaten egg. Roll the dough with the filling to form a long tube. Seal the seam of the dough by pressing lightly, then brush the entire surface of the roll with the beaten egg.
- Cut into 1-inch-thick rounds and place side by side on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown, then serve.