Traveler’s Vegetable Soup
- 1 bag (624 g) Florette garden soup mix
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of butter or olive oil
- 1 of the 4 ingredients below, depending on your destination
- 1.5 L (6 cups) of chicken broth
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of short soups pasta
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
A simple and tasty concept: choose your travel destination ingredient!
- Comforting Indian flavor: add about 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of curry powder
- Discover Lebanon: add about 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of zaatar
- Does the Mediterranean appeal to you? Add about 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of dried oregano
- A spicy bite with Asian aromas: add about 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of ginger (fresh chopped or powdered)
- In a 3 L pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat and stir in the contents of the bag of Florette garden soup vegetables. Stir constantly.
- Once the vegetables are lightly grilled, sprinkle them with your travel destination ingredient and enjoy the aromas while stirring for a minute.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the pasta, then cook until it is to your liking.
- Finish with parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. For even more flavor, add a little more of your favorite travel destination ingredient!
Variant to try
If you want to try a minestrone-style variation of this same soup, use the zaatar version and replace one cup of the chicken broth with a cup of tomato juice or crushed tomatoes.
And why not add a few pieces of chicken cooked the day before or some canned legumes?
An aromatic, comforting and delicious soup!
Read our blog post about this recipe!