Salad of golden beets and grilled halloumi
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of lemon juice
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of honey
3 ml (1/2 tsp) of ground cumin
1 pinch of cinnamon
Harissa to taste
60 ml (¼ cup) of olive oil
Set and pepper to taste
1 halloumi cheese of 200 g
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of vegetable oil
1 pack (284 g) of Florette diced golden beets
1 green leaf lettuce, washed, cut into pieces
Half a sliced English cucumber
1 green endive, minced
1 red endive, minced (or radicchio)
60 ml (¼ cup) of toasted and crushed pistachios
A few mint leaves to taste
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the vinaigrette and adjust the seasoning. Reserve.
- Cut the cheese into 8 slices about ½ cm (¼ inch) thick.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, pour the vegetable oil and grill the cheese slices for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Reserve
- Place the beets, lettuce, cucumbers and endives in a salad bowl. Add the vinaigrette then toss.
- Divide the salad into 4 bowls, add grilled cheese slices.