Reinvented Mini Chicken Pot Pies
250 ml (1 cup) of Florette Spaghetti Sauce Vegetable Mix
1 can (284 ml) of condensed cream of mushroom soup
80 ml (1/3 cup) of 15% cooking cream
2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
800 g (about 1 3/4 lb) of pie dough
125 ml (1/2 cup) of broccoli, cut into small florets
250 ml (1 cup) of grated yellow cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- In a saucepan, heat a little olive oil over medium heat. Cook the vegetable mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and cooking cream. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Off the heat, add the chicken and, if desired, the broccoli. Add salt and pepper, and stir.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 25 cm x 50 cm (10 in x 20 in) rectangle. Cut the rectangle into eight equal squares.
- Butter eight cups of a muffin tin. Place a square of dough in each of the cells, then shape them into cups, letting the excess dough overflow on the sides.
- Divide the chicken mixture into the cups. If desired, cover with cheese. Fold the excess dough over the filling to form a bundle.
- Bake for 27 to 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
Recipe developed in partnership with Pratico-Pratiques: