Shrimp and vegetable julienne bowls
Cooking 4 minutes
Preparation 20 minutes
200 g (about 1/2 lb) of rice vermicelli
180 ml (3/4 cup) of sweet chili pepper sauce
2 limes, zest and juice
24 medium shrimp (size 31/40), raw and peeled
1 bag (340 g) of Florette vegetable julienne
3 green onions, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of chopped fresh cilantro (Optional)
- Rehydrate rice vermicelli according to package directions. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the sweet chili pepper sauce with the lime zest and juice.
- Transfer a third of the marinade to a second bowl. Add the shrimp to the second bowl and stir to coat them in the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- In the first bowl, add the rice vermicelli, julienned vegetables, green onions and, if desired, cilantro. Season with salt and ground pepper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- When cooking, preheat the barbecue to medium heat (about 180°C – 350°F).
- Thread the shrimp onto eight small skewers.
- On the hot, oiled barbecue grill, place the skewers. Close the lid and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the vegetable julienne preparation and the skewers among four bowls.
Recipe developed in partnership with Pratico-Pratiques: