Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
Preparation 15 minutes
- 454 g (1 lb) Italian sausage meat
- 454 g (1 lb) Lean ground beef
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 7-8 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 bag (624 g) Florette Spaghetti Sauce Vegetable Mix
- 1 can (225 g) Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) Balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml (4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cans (796 mL each) Stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (680 ml) Tomato sauce
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) Italian herb mix of your choice
- To taste: sugar, sea salt and pepper
- In a large ovenproof saucepan, brown the sausage meat and garlic in olive oil over high heat.
- Add the ground beef and continue to brown for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and spices.
- Heat the oven to 275⁰F (140⁰C) and cook gently without covering for 2 to 3 hours.