Cooking 15 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- 250 ml (1 cup) quinoa
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh Florette washed spinach, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Florette shredded carrots
- 6 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) red onion, chopped
- 4 mint leaves, chiselled
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) each: olive oil and fresh lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) red wine vinegar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) maple syrup
- In a saucepan, pour 500 ml (2 cups) water and bring to the boil. Add quinoa and simmer uncovered over low heat for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Rinse under cold water to cool and drain well.
- Pour the quinoa into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- For more flavor, let the salad sit for a few hours in the fridge before serving.
For a sweet and refreshing note, add fresh pineapple cubes.
To turn this tabbouleh into a salad meal, add proteins such as edamame, lentils or chickpeas.
Recipe developed in partnership with nutritionist Julie DesGroseillers