Quick soup with carrots and lentils
Cooking 10 minutes
Preparation 7 minutes
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) of canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) curry powder
- 1.25L (5 cups) chicken broth
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Florette shredded carrots
- 1 can (540 mL) of brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small can (160 mL) of coconut milk
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and brown onion, garlic and curry for 5 minutes, keep stirring.
- Add broth and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stir with a whisk and serve.
Recipe developed in partnership with nutritionist Julie DesGroseillers