Healthy frittata with spinach and feta cheese
Cooking 50 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 bag (227 g) Florette fresh spinach
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 185 mL (3/4 cup) skim milk
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) light feta cheese
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) fresh chives, chopped
- To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F).
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and fry the shallots and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1 minute, stirring often, until spinach falls. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 23 cm (9 inch) pie plate. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and milk. Add the feta cheese, chives, salt and pepper, then stir in the spinach mixture.
- Bake in the center of the oven until the top is golden, about 50 minutes.