250 ml (1 cup) of 5% Greek yogurt
Juice and zest of half a lemon
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of chopped fresh dill
5 ml (1 tsp) of dried oregano
2 minced garlic cloves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 chicken breast, about 250 g (½ lb), cut into large cubes
½ small red onion, minced
2 packs (2 x 397 g) of Florette Greek Potatoes
1 bag (200g) of cheese curds
250 ml (1 cup) of homemade or store-bought poutine sauce
½ Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
Fresh dill to taste
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade then adjust the seasoning. Reserve half of the marinade in the fridge for serving.
- Place the chicken cubes in the remaining yogurt mixture. Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Slice the onion and let it soak in ice water for 30 minutes to reduce its intense taste. Drain the onions and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (215°C). Lightly pat the potatoes dry and roast for 15 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, assemble 4 skewers with the chicken cubes. Discard the rest of the marinade.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat or on the BBQ grill, cook the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes on each side
- In a small saucepan, or in the microwave, heat the poutine sauce.
- In 2 plates, share the potatoes, the cheese and pour the hot sauce. Place the skewers, a little of the reserved yogurt mixture then sprinkle with cucumber, red onion and dill.