European coleslaw & apple hot dog
Coleslaw and apple
60 ml (¼ cup) of mayonnaise
60 ml (¼ cup) of plain yogurt
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of white vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of relish
1 bag (454 g) of Florette coleslaw
1 apple, finely diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
European hot dog
1 loaf of bread
4 slices of Swiss cheese
Mustard, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and relish.
- Add the coleslaw, the apple pieces, salt, pepper and mix well. Reserve cold.
- Cook sausages according to package directions.
- Cut the baguette into 4 hot dog buns.
- Toast the buns. Add cheese to melt.
- Brush buns with mustard, top with sausage and coleslaw. Enjoy!
What to do with leftover coleslaw?
For a quick lunch, turn this leftover into a meal salad by adding nuts, croutons and canned tuna.
Coleslaw can be made ahead without any problem.
Recipe created by Mouvement J’aime les fruits et légumes