Chicken curry with mango and squash
Cooking 20 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
- Choice of rice for 4 people
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) canola oil
- 675 g (1 ½ lb) chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 25 mL (5 teaspoons) red curry paste (or as desired)
- 1 small can (160 mL) of coconut milk
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) chicken broth
- 1 packet (454 g) of Florette Butternut Squash Harvest
- 1 large mango, diced
- To taste, green onion, chopped
- To taste, fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to the manufacturer’s instructions; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, heat oil and brown chicken 7-8 minutes. Over medium heat add garlic and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk, broth and vegetables. At high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat, covered, 8 minutes.
- Add the mango and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Serve curry on a nest of rice and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Recipe developed in partnership with nutritionist Julie DesGroseillers