Cooking 10 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- 1/2 bag (142 g) of Florette beet julienne
- 5 mL (1 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) Ground cumin
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini (sesame butter)
- 250 mL (1 cup) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) of water
- To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the beets for about 6 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for a few minutes until translucent. Add lemon juice, cumin, Tahini, beets, chickpeas and water. Mix and remove from heat.
- Place the mixture in the food processor and purée. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crudités, crackers or grilled pita tips, or as a spread for sandwiches.
Note: Hummus can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.